700 g lean pork mince
1 onion, finely chopped
½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
1 small carrot, peeled and grated
100 mL smokey BBQ sauce
2 slices bread, torn
4 tblsp milk
Oil for cooking
4 seeded hamburger buns, toasted
½ cup quality mayonnaise
½ cup American mustard
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
4 dill pickles to serve
Chunky chips to serve
- Place the pork mince, onion, parsley, carrot, egg and BBQ sauce into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the bread and milk and allow to soak for 5 minutes. Mash with a fork.
- Combine the bread mixture with the pork and combine well (you may need to use your hands for this). Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into large 150 g - 200 g patties, depending upon the size of the roll and the appetite of the guests.
- Place the burgers onto the pre-heated griddle plate and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Serve on a toasted bun with mayonnaise, American mustard, sliced tomato and lettuce. Serve garnished with a dill pickle and a bowl of chunky chips.
Notes: burgers may be flavoured with herbs or spices of your choice. Burgers may also be frozen after preparation for up to 3 months.